Gassho! The Orange County Branch held their annual Christmas Practice and Party on December 16, 2016. 218 people attend (93 students and 155 parents/friends). After Chinkon (Meditation) and Kihon (Basic) Technique practice, Hagata sensei and Rastogi sensei conducted the opening Houno Embu (Paired Form). 2016 was truly a year of great achievements for the Orange County Branch!!! We continue to improve in our Shorinji Kempo techniques while giving back to the community in which we live in. The OC Branch hosted 23 events in 2016 which ranged from Community Service Cleanups, 167 Kyu/Dan exams, 2 Tournaments, 2 Charity Bazars, Beach Runs and 2 CPR classes for all black belt students and parents. A total of $9,813 was donated back into the community!!! Well done everyone!! All students performed on stage denoting the 6 Distinguishing Characteristics of Shorinji Kempo. Congratulations to the following kenshi (Students) who displayed a high level of excellence and set a precedence for all of us to follow.
1. BLACK BELT PROMOTIONS – Lily/Lana/Sydni/Isaiah/Lauren/Nicholas/Thomas/Emily/Lily/Connor
2.153 WHITE/YELLOW/GREEN/BROWN BELT PROMOTIONS !!!!!!!
3. BEHIND THE SCENES PARENTS & STUDENTS
4. LONGEST ACTIVE STUDENTS
Sydni-Connor-Isaiah (8 Years and going strong!!!)
5. MOST ATTENDANCE
Nicholas & Lauren, Vanessa, Sophia, Valerie, Angeline, Nathan & Brandon, Ava & Nikka, Phi Dinh
6. FAMILY OF THE YEAR –
Anh-Cathy-Sarah-Jill (3 Generations of students practicing Shorinji Kempo)
7. MOST IMPROVED STUDENT(s) -
Brandon Pham & Angeline
8. WEBMASTER –
9. CARDEN SUMMER VOLUNTEER TEACHING Thomas/Sydni/Isaiah/Nicholas/Lauren/Lily//Lana/Jolene/Esther/Nika/Ava/Logan/Ethan
10. PARENTS WHO LEAD BY EXAMPLE -
Jolene, Thomas, Yukiko, Phi, Trisha, Angel, Dinh, Anh, Cathy
11. PICTURE OF YEAR –
Out of 10,000 pictures 15 pictures were selected (Anh Sam)
12. OUR FAVORITE BRANCH MASTER OF THE YEAR AWARD
Makato Hagata Sensei
13. THE MOST INSPIRATIONAL STUDENT -
14. STUDENT OF THE YEAR & LEADERSHIP AWARD –
Lauren Pham & Sydni Cain. Runner up is Valerie.
Gassho! Orange County Shorinji Kempo